Break The Silence: Speak Out Against Domestic Violence


When I found out that Break The Silence Against Domestic Violence was hosting an event in Massachusetts as a part of their national awareness campaign, I knew I had to be there! I was super excited when Founder and Executive Director, Kristen Paruginog, agreed to let me share my story to her audience of survivors, supporters and politicians.

When Kristen asked me to share my talent of spoken word I was ecstatic because although Miss America (that's the ultimate goal) typically speaks on behalf of her platform, I have the very unique ability to perform my talent, an original spoken word, which also speaks directly to my platform.

Throughout performing my talent, I looked at the overall expression of the audience and felt so connected to each person and genuinely understood- not pitied. The event was so empowering.

I could not have asked for a better first appearance as Miss Plymouth County 2014, and am so grateful that my sister queens, Victoria and Julianna, joined me. I look forward to strengthening the connections I made there as I dedicate my Year of Service to Breaking The Silence Against Domestic Violence

Founder and Executive Director, Kristen Paruginog, and I





XO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!